Digital Services of the Export Credit Guarantees of the Federal Republic of Germany
In addition to the online applications already available to the customers of the Federal export credit guarantees (so-called Hermes Cover), such as myAGA and APG online, we are also offering various interfaces (application programming interface(s)) and iframes to connect with our systems and digital services.
Our digital interfaces for a direct connection to your systems
Currently, we are offering the following digital services free of charge:
API to myAGA
Our customer portal myAGA makes it possible to digitally submit applications for Hermes Cover. Since the details entered there are frequently the same required for a request for financing, we offer an interface to our system. With the help of this API the data can be exchanged directly. This considerably reduces manual effort required for double entries. More details about this interface can be found here.
The preliminary inquiry offers the possibility to check, on the basis of five criteria, whether an export project qualifies for support through an export credit guarantee. We offer this preliminary inquiry (in German) as iframe for integration into your website.
We provide country information on our website, which informs about the OECD country risk classification and the prevailing cover policy. The suitable API gives you access to these data that are constantly kept up to date. There are several possible uses. Some users of the API, for example, only draw on the country risk categories for their backend systems. Other users make the complete information available to visitors of their websites.
The “Handbuch zu den Exportkreditgarantien des Bundes” (available only in German) helps to understand the Federal export credit guarantees, their bases and framework conditions by providing a systematic, comprehensive overview. With an iframe, you can make the content directly available on your website.
How much does it cost? – Get a first premium indication with the new premium calculation tool by answering just four questions. You can see a repayment plan at the touch of a button and thus compare offers. Due to intuitive operation and the English language exporters and their foreign customers can use the tool quite simply and quickly.
We will be pleased to consider your ideas as to how we could expand our digital services. For example, we can adapt the iframes according to your layout specifications. This will, however, involve some development expenses. Please do not hesitate to contact us!
You would like to use our digital services or learn more about them? Please do not hesitate to contact us! With the below items, we would like to give you an idea of what the procedure might look like for a major project:
- First contact. Clarification of initial questions, objective, analysis of requirements and agreement of a road map.
- Workshop. In a workshop, a user story will be prepared, from which the actual development steps can be derived.
- Quotation. If a user story has been defined, which requires development work on our part, you must bear the expenses after an estimate of costs.
- Development. The necessary development work will be carried out at both ends during this phase.
- Testing. Once the programming work is completed, the function will be tested.
- Activation. When the testing is successful, the new service can be activated. In the attached PDF document you will find all information on the possibilities and limitations of a connection to these or new services.
- No cooperation. The connection to our digital services does not constitute a cooperation or association with Euler Hermes Aktiengesellschaft or the Federal government.
- No exclusivity. As agent of the Federal government we make our digital services available to all interested parties at the same terms and conditions; exclusive access or use is not possible – this applies even if we enhance or newly develop any digital services together with you.
- No advertising. As agent of the Federal government we do not pursue any advertising purposes with our digital services and we do not take part in third party advertising for commercial services in connection with our digital services either.
Do you have any further questions regarding the content of this page?
Please do not hesitate to contact our team “Client Centric Innovation” at
Link up now with the export credit guarantee scheme of the Federal Republic of Germany
– for financing partners –
As of now interested banks and providers of financing solutions can link up directly with the myAGA customer portal via an application programming interface (API).
Process simplification for banks
In order to increase the promotion instrument’s attractiveness for financing partners in particular in connection with small-ticket financing, they can link up by the API with our digital application process and digitally transmit key data of the export transaction. The transmission of information provided by the exporter from the myAGA customer portal into the bank’s credit application process (and vice versa) does not only reduce the number of double entries for the exporter. It also simplifies the processing for the financing bank: In future, exporters can choose a financing partner already while completing their application for an export credit guarantee of the Federal Government and transmit the data relevant for financing to it with a key-stroke, and in doing so, initiate a financing application. But the data transmission in the opposite direction will also be possible, i.e. sending the client’s data from a bank’s portal directly to Euler Hermes. For a start, this will be possible for export transactions with an order value of up to 10 million euros, which also meet the criteria of the bank.
Possibilities for platform operators
Operators of financing platforms will also be able to link up with the new interface. Alternative solutions currently recognisable on the market are aimed at forfaiting Hermes-covered supplier credits, which are placed with financing partners in a technically efficient way by the intermediaries. In this context, the new API is to guarantee in future that the export credit guarantees of the Federal Republic of Germany can be technically integrated into such a platform solution.
What data will be transmitted
Only the relevant information will be transmitted. And it goes without saying that any data relating to other forms of cover, for example any prime costs you may have stated, will not be transmitted.
Our API can transmit the entries of the following data fields: