Insuring export business as exporter
Product at a glance
Supplier credit cover enables German exporters to insure trade receivables arising from a single export transaction (delivery of goods or rendering of services).
German export firms
Payment terms of the covered transactions
- Short-term (up to 2 years)
- Medium/long-term (2 years and longer)
Supplier credit cover offers protection against payment default if
- the foreign buyer becomes insolvent
- the foreign buyer fails to make payment within 6 months after due date (protracted default)
- adverse measures are taken by foreign governments or warlike events arise
- local currency amounts are not converted or transferred
- goods are confiscated due to political circumstances
- contract performance becomes impossible due to political circumstances
As a rule, cover facilities are available for all countries, with the exception of exports on credit terms of up to two years to EU and core OECD member states (i.e. EU member states, Australia, Canada, Iceland Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom and USA); for a limited period of time until 30.06.2021, Export Credit Guarantees of the Federal Republic of Germany are also available for these normally marketable countries (German version). Additional information.
- Single premium calculated as percentage of the order value covered (interest excluded) as well as specific processing fees
- For a detailed calculation there is an interactive premium calculator (German version only) available
- 5 % for political risks
- normally 15 % for commercial risks; for a limited period of time until the end of 2019 the uninsured portion can be reduced upon application to 5 % against the payment of a premium surcharge.
If required, supplier credit cover can be supplemented with
- Manufacturing risk cover
- Confiscation risk cover
- Contract bond cover
This product can be applied for online.
Country cover policy of more than 200 countries.