Manufacturing Risk Cover
Insuring export business as exporter
Product at a glance
Manufacturing risk cover enables German exporters to insure production costs incurred in connection with an export contract.
German export firms
Manufacturing risk cover offers protection against losses caused by a discontinuation of production, particularly if
- the foreign buyer becomes insolvent
- the contract is cancelled or other grave violations occur
- adverse measures are taken by foreign governments or warlike events arise
- embargo measures are taken by the Federal Republic of Germany or third countries participating in the export transaction as well as
- the cancellation fee is not paid and/or the claim to partial payment is not fulfilled following a justified cancellation of the contract by the buyer
The risks arising after the despatch of the goods can be covered with additional export credit cover (supplier credit cover / buyer credit cover).
As an alternative, manufacturing risk cover is also available as integral part of Hermes Cover click&cover EXPORT for standardised transactions with a contract value of up to EUR 5 million.
- Single premium calculated as a percentage of the prime costs covered
- In addition certain processing fees (only if separate export credit cover has not been applied for)
- For a detailed calculation there is an interactive premium calculator (German version only) available.
Please note! If the goods/services are to be delivered to a third country, either the Country Risk Category of the buyer's country or that of the third country will be taken as the basis. The Country Risk Category of the third country will be applied if it is less favourable than that of the buyer's country.
- 5 % for all risks
If required, manufactoring risk cover can be supplemented with
- Manufacturing risk cover
- Confiscation risk cover
- Contract bond cover
This product can be applied for online!
Country cover policy of more than 200 countries.