Insuring export business as exporter / lessor
Product at a glance
With leasing cover a German lessor (manufacturer/exporter or leasing company) protects himself against the loss of the amounts owing from a foreign lessee under a cross-border lease.
German lessors (manufacturers/exporters or leasing companies)
Payment terms of the covered transactions
- Short-term (up to 2 years)
- Medium/long-term (2 years and longer)
Leasing cover offers protection against payment default, particularly if
- the lessee becomes insolvent
- the lessee fails to make payment within either one or six months after due date depending on the type of leasing cover (protracted default)
- adverse measures are taken by foreign governments or warlike events arise
- local currency amounts are not converted or transferred
- goods are confiscated due to political circumstances
- contract performance becomes impossible due to political circumstances
- Single premium calculated as a percentage of the covered contract amount (excluding interest) as well as specific processing fees
- For a detailed calculation there is an interactive premium calculator (German version only) available.
- Standard leasing cover
- 5 % for political risks
- normally 15 % for commercial risks
- Leasing cover at enhanced conditions (preconditions among others: leasing of capital goods, qualified leasing company acting between the manufacturer and the lessee, assignment typical for leasing transactions has been agreed) 5 % for all risks
If required, leasing cover can be supplemented with
- Manufacturing risk cover
- Confiscation risk cover
- Contract bond cover
This product can be applied for online.
Country cover policy of more than 200 countries.