Insuring export business as exporter
Product at a glance
With Export Credit Cover for Service Providers a German exporter can insure accounts receivable arising from an export transaction for the rendering of services which are not linked to the export of goods.
German companies from the service industry
Payment terms of the covered transactions
- Short-term (up to 2 years)
- Medium/long-term (2 years and longer)
Export Credit Cover for Service Providers offers protection against payment default, in particular if
- the foreign client becomes insolvent
- the foreign client fails to make payment within 6 months (protracted default)
- adverse measures are taken by foreign governments or warlike events arise
- local currency amounts are not converted or transferred
- contract performance becomes impossible due to political circumstances
As a rule, cover facilities are available for all countries, with the exception of exports on credit terms of up to two years to EU and core OECD member states (i.e. EU member states, Australia, Canada, Iceland Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom and USA); for a limited period of time until 31 March 2022, Export Credit Guarantees of the Federal Republic of Germany are also available for these normally marketable countries. Additional information.
- Single premium calculated as percentage of the order value covered (interest excluded) as well as specific processing fees
- For a detailed calculation there is an interactive premium calculator (German version only) available
- 5 % for political risks
- Normally 15 % for commercial risks; for a limited period of time until the end of 2022 the uninsured percentage can be reduced upon application to 5 % against the payment of a premium surcharge
If required, Export Credit Cover for Service Providers can be supplemented with
This product can be applied for online.
Country cover policy of more than 200 countries.
More detailed information
Exports of services: Changes in the German exporting industry
What challenges German exporters are facing in the current shift towards service-based business models and how you can hedge your risks with the Federal Government's export credit guarantees is explained in our background information.