Insuring export business as exporter
Product at a glance
The Wholeturnover Policy (APG) is a cost-effective and easily manageable tool for German exporters repeatedly supplying goods and/or services to several buyers in different countries to insure short-term receivables (credit terms of up to 12 months). The policy period is one year and about two months before the expiry the exporter will receive a renewal offer.
German export firms with a coverable annual export turnover of at least EUR 500,000 spread over different markets
Payment terms of the covered transactions
Short-term (up to 12 months)
A Wholeturnover Policy offers protection against payment default, particularly if
- the foreign buyer becomes insolvent
- the foreign buyer fails to make payment within 6 months after due date (protracted default)
- adverse measures are taken by foreign governments or warlike events arise
- amounts in local currency cannot be converted and/or transferred
- goods are confiscated due to political circumstances
- contract performance becomes impossible due to political circumstances
The APG-Online-Service (German version only) makes the handling of a Wholeturnover Policy even easier and faster.
As a rule, cover facilities are available for all countries, with the exception of exports on credit terms of up to two years to EU and core OECD member states (i.e. EU member states, Australia, Canada, Iceland Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom and USA).
- Individually calculated percentage of the monthly turnover which will be fixed for the entire policy period
- The individual claims record is taken into account through a system of discounts and surcharges (Bonus-Malus-System) (with effect from the third policy year). In the case of a change from a Wholeturnover Policy in a Wholeturnover Policy Light and vice versa the premium discount/surcharge level reached will be transferred to the new policy.
- Additional handling fees will not be charged, however, a contract fee will be payable as soon as limits for risks which are temporarily not marketable are fixed or are applied for (siehe AGA-Report Nr. 223, German version only).
- Option of paying premium by direct debit
- 10% for political as well as commercial risks. For a limited period of time until the end of 2019 the uninsured portion can be reduced upon application to 5% against the payment of a premium surcharge.
If required, cover under a Wholeturnover Policy can be supplemented with
- Manufacturing risk cover
- Confiscation risk cover
- Contract bond cover