"Made in Germany" as close as never before
Are you planning to buy goods or services from Germany?
It may be well worth taking a look at Hermes Cover. ECA support can help you to finance your project and improve your liquidity position. Interested? Please, get in touch with us.
For subtitles please click the button.
Further information about imports from Germany can be found on our detailed landing page.
Further information about Hermes (ECA) Desk in your country can be found in Arabic.
We understand your needs…
Besides pure products and services 'Made in Germany' you are looking for:
Efficient and reliable processes
- Negotiations and the drafting of contracts can be tough and challenging. Additional bureaucracy and unnecessary paperwork are not helpful.
Lasting trust in our business relation
- Good processes rely on a solid basis of mutual trust and long-term relations.
Financing at favourable conditions
- For most import business transactions financing by a bank is requested. But how to get the best conditions?
Attractive price level
- It is not only the quality of a product that is essential but also its price. There are ways to strengthen your position.
- All these issues determine your competitive position.
We support you when it comes to meet all your requirements!
For sure there are products and services 'Made in Germany' that fit your business needs.
…and provide you with best solutions
- We have more than 60 years of experience in export business and built up a large knowledge base and a broad network on which we can rely when adapting 'Made in Germany' to your business needs.
- We are aware of the fact that no business transaction is like any other. Therefore we offer a wide range of export guarantee products provided by the Federal Republic of Germany which will help you and the German exporter to find the best possible solution at most favourable conditions.
- We will support you and your German business partner where necessary throughout the entire process of the transaction.
- Your company will benefit from cover against bad debt losses for German exporters and the financing banks when buying products and services 'Made in Germany'. You can obtain medium to long-term financing at highly competitive conditions.
Jan von Allwörden is here to support you
The Middle East is one of the most promising markets for German export companies. In order to provide better support to customers, Euler Hermes established a “Hermes desk” for state export credit guarantees in Dubai . The office is managed by Mr Jan von Allwörden, an experienced underwriter.
Jan von Allwörden explains how Hermes Cover can facilitate the financing of business transactions and the support export credit guarantees can provide to companies and banks.
Mr von Allwörden, what prompted Euler Hermes to open an office in Dubai?
In discussions I had in the region, companies, banks as well as representatives of German export companies again and again repeated the wish to have a local contact. We now respond to this wish by establishing the “Hermes desk”.
What is your most urgent task?
First of all, we want to provide information and establish and expand networks with local offices as well as existing institutions and the representatives of German companies.
Companies and local banks know ECA financing as a concept. However, in the past it was rarely used because capital markets and the banks were flushed with money. But times have changed. Hence, ECA financing is a true alternative.
What are the advantages of Hermes Cover?
Although export credit guarantees (Hermes Cover) essentially are a means of protection, they give access to liquidity and are an interesting alternative to local loans or bond financing. Cover provided by the Federal Republic of Germany enables customers to benefit from Germany’s AAA rating. That makes cover interesting also for banks in the region.
Jan von Allwörden is the head of the International Business Development. Being an experienced underwriter and an expert for the region, he knows the market development and the needs of local customers.
Who we are | Export Experts since 1949
- Active on behalf of the Federal Government since 1949, combining the expertise of 400 employees.
- Current portfolio
EUR 85 bn is fully underwritten by the Federal Republic of Germany with AAA Rating.
- Overall volume of cover EUR 16.9 bn (2017).
- Short-term EUR 10.7 bn, thereof EUR 0.8 bn in MENA region
- Long-term EUR 6.2 bn, thereof EUR 0.2 bn in MENA region.
- Doing business with 1.600 exporters and banks.
- Serial winner of “Best ECA” awards, both globally and regionally.
We can help you to effectively finance your imports
- We offer third-party credit support to German exporters and their banks by virtue of comprehensive insurances and/or guarantees.
- We enable banks to benefit from the AAA-credit rating of the federal republic of Germany, limiting banks’ capital requirements and thus freeing up lines to YOU.
- We enable but also require (at least partial) German sourcing as a core pre-requisite to access our product suit.
We are partners of German suppliers
German suppliers offer a diverse range of goods and services – we support (almost) all industries, sectors and/or structures.
1. International Trade
2. Transportation / Logistics
4. Social Development
5. Capital / Heavy Equipment
Internationally recognized | Deals of the Year in MENA region
- 2010 - Société Générale S.A., Wind farm, Azerbaidshan,
- 2010 - Citi / HSBC / Calyon, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), Dubai VAE
- 2010 - Calyon S.A. / Emirates Aluminium Company Ltd. PJSC, Abu Dhabi, VAE
- 2010 - Calyon – Credit Agricole CIB, London, SATORP Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- 2012 - SMS Meer GmbH / Société Générale S.A., Gulf United Steel Holding Company, Bahrain / Yamato Kogyo, Japan
- 2013 - KfW- IPEX Bank GmbH, Petrochemical Complex, Sadara Chemical Company LLC, Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- 2014 - ABB AG / Commerzbank AG, KAR Power Iraq, Iraq
- 2015 - Siemens AG / Egyptian Electricity Holding, Goverment of the Arab Republic of Egypt, Ministry of Defense Kairo, Egypt
- 2016 - Orpic Plastics/ Natixis, Liwa Plastics Industries Complex, Oman