Based on budget law three interministerial committees, each headed by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, are responsible for underwriting decisions in the field of foreign trade and investment promotion.
A consortium of two private companies, i.e. Euler Hermes Deutschland AG and PricewaterhouseCoopers Aktiengesellschaft Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft , are mandated to manage the guarantee schemes by
- informing and advising companies/credit institutions as to how they can protect their foreign trade and investment activities,
- receiving and evaluating guarantee applications,
- attending to all issues regarding the guarantees, averting losses and handling indemnification processes.
The lead partner in the consortium for
- export credit guarantees is Euler Hermes Deutschland AG,
- investment guarantees and untied loan guarantees is PricewaterhouseCoopers Aktiengesellschaft Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft .